Please note: all links on this page that lead to PDFs or to another party's website will open that website in a new browser window.
Congratulations on your new position! You are or soon will be a member of the Stanford community, where staff members typically have a high sense of purpose and derive great meaning from working together to ensure Stanford's academic and research excellence is well supported. Use the information in this site as a guide to your initial time at the university, and welcome!
using this site + announcements
Ready, Set, Go!
Visit Action Steps to get a head start on your new hire paperwork, IDs, benefits enrollment and more.
Wondering about Benefits?
See Benefits & Perks to get information and tools to figure out what benefits plans you'll choose. And review a list of some great perks, too! Remember to enroll within 31 days from your hire date. Download our Benefit Summary for Staff (pdf document).
Plug in to Stanford
Learn how to meet new friends, ways to get around campus, where to eat lunch, volunteer opportunities, and more on Ways to Get Connected.
Are you a Manager Bringing a New Staff Member On Board?
Use the Manager's Guide to Onboarding for tools and printable checklists to help you get your new employee successfully through their first year at Stanford.
- Our orientation slides are now available for download!
- Look at some of the beautiful photos of the main campus submitted by our talented staff!
- Want an easy way to identify required training? Take the Training Needs Assessment in Axess! (SUNet ID required) See instructions and a listing of training required for all new employees on the Staff Training flyer (pdf).
- Join the Learning & Organizational Effectiveness mailing list and be the first to hear about learning opportunities from L&OE.
- New Staff Orientation is for benefits-eligible staff members, and typically held every other Monday, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm on the main campus in Redwood Hall, Room G-19. Note: Rehires are not required to attend if being rehired within two years of your separation date, but are welcome. See all News & Announcements, including information about walking tours for new staff.
back to top